If the only way you can get delicious cupcakes is by heading to a high-class bakery and paying gourmet prices, you are mistaken. Have you ever thought it like it is real people who bake those cupcakes? If you want to change the norm and turn into an amazing baker, read on for tips on how to bake gourmet cupcakes and leave people thinking that you are a pastry chef.
Tips to amazing cupcakes
- Use high quality and fresh ingredients. The only way to bake yummy cupcakes is by the use of fresh, high quality and amazing ingredients.
- The correct type of floor. In most cases, all-purpose wheat flour works wonders. Pastry or cake flour gives amazing results as well. If you want healthy cupcakes, use whole wheat flour which is grainy and heavy. However, it does not produce good looking cupcakes.
- Exact ingredient measurements. You cannot get a good cake with the wrong measurements. You can never be a good baker if you use the incorrect ingredient measurements. Take your time here. Follow your recipe and make sure that you have the right proportions. A point to note, if your recipe is asking for eggs, it means large eggs unless specified otherwise.
- Correct mixing. Do the mixing long enough that the ingredients combine well? If the missing is not done correctly, the texture of your cupcakes will not be perfect. Overmixing makes the cupcakes tough as well.
Use a paper liner in the cupcake tins. This way, it will not be difficult removing them from the pan. Your cupcakes will not dry as well.
- Baking time and temperature. With a reliable thermometer, confirm the right temperatures before you start baking. Set your timer a few minutes less than the recommended time. Once the timer goes off, check to see if they are ready or needs the rest of time. This is a way of avoiding overcooked pancakes. Insert a toothpick at the center of the cupcake, if it comes out clean, remove them from the oven and let them cool.
- Decoration should only be done after the cupcakes are completely cool. Warm cupcakes melt decorations and give them a funny look. When it comes to decorations, do it all you want. Dressage and multi-colored sprinkles give them an amazing look without taking much of your time. Be creative and let your imaginations do the work while decorating.