Offsite Links
 This Site:
 About Amerikanska
 Privacy Policy
 Contact Admin

Search

Amerikanska: Forums

Amerikanska -- View topic - notary public

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 

Amerikanska Forum Index -> Life in Sweden

notary public

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
Marie_in_Sweden
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

notary public

I need to get some documents from the US notarized. Is that something I have to go to the American consulate for or is there somewhere in Gothenburg I can get it done?

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:46 am 
markisevil
swedish meatball
swedish meatball

Many Swedish lawyers will fleece you for the service. Look up "notarius publicus" in Gula Sidorna.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 10:50 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
Threetoddlers
lagom
lagom

I don't know how it is in your kommun but here in little Edsbyn I usually get things notorized at the church. Svenska Kyrkan. Give your local Svenska kyrkan office a call

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
AtlantaGirl
lagom
lagom

I needed some US tax documents notarized by a US notary here in Stockholm last year. I even found a US lawyer hoping he could help but since he did not maintain his notary, he said he could not help. Therefore the only official US notary I could find was at the US embassy but they charged around 250kr or $30 per signature. Luckily I needed only 1 signature otherwise it would have been costly. Alternatively, you might see if you can find someone back in the STates that knows a notary that could do you a favor and you can sign the docs here in Sweden and send to the guy in the US who may want to speak to you to be sure you are 'real'. Good luck.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 2:47 pm 
penn
stor stark
stor stark

I had to have papers from America notarized just before Christmas. I got a Swedish notarius publicus at our local bank to do it. No fee and the lawyers and bank in the US were perfectly satisfied with it.

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 5:19 pm 
Raptor
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

US notary publics can only notarize documents within the state that they are a notary in (I used to be a notary in Texas). This is because the notaary is required to keep a journal available for inspection so a notarized docuemnt can be verified as to date. The only US notary in Sweden is at the US Embassy. However, most Swedish banks can notarize documents (I have used SEB a number of times and have never been charged a fee).

Post Mon Feb 02, 2004 11:54 pm 
callie-girl
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

When I needed a document notarized, I took it to the Embassy, paid their fee.

When JT needed one, he went to the bank, no fee.

Now that I'm here - if I need one again, we're gonna use the bank.

I've had no difficulties in using a Swedish notarization for an American request.

callie

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 9:31 am 
Marie_in_Sweden
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

Great! Thanks for all the help everyone. Very Happy

Post Tue Feb 03, 2004 2:36 pm 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Page Generation: 0.09 Seconds