Offsite Links
 This Site:
 About Amerikanska
 Privacy Policy
 Contact Admin

Search

Amerikanska: Forums

Amerikanska -- View topic - folkbokföringen, moving, sambo

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 

Amerikanska Forum Index -> Immigration/Emigration Issues

folkbokföringen, moving, sambo

Author    Thread This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.
bluebottle
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

folkbokföringen, moving, sambo

ok a quick possibly pointless question.

my SO and i live together. we are temporarily living in gothenburg (we'll stay for the spring or the summer but perhaps not longer). he and i are both registered in the folkbokföring (?) at his parents' place in sollentuna; we were staying there when i got my personnummer, and he's maintained his registration there though he hasn't lived there for years as he's a student and moves quite a lot (2-5 x/year). he sees it as his "permanent address" and hasn't changed it and would rather not.

i will have to change my registration to gborg because, for example, i will be working here; if i wanted to take SFI i'd have to be registered here; etc etc.

my question: do we have to be "registered" or whatever at the same address for immigration purposes? i'm thinking ahead about some kind of interview where someone will look up both of our personnummers, see that we're not listed as having the same address, and kick me out of sweden. we both have our names on the apartment, and we live together in a number of easily provable ways and have no other residences, but i'll get him to shift his address if it could cause any problems.

ok.

xoxoalison

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:00 pm 
Rob
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

I would say that is a real possibility. Once you have gotten your PUT, it won't matter though as you could stay here without your guy at that point. You should be getting that soon, eller hur?

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:18 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
bluebottle
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

ah, in about two years, i think.

xoalison

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 6:33 pm 
Rob
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

In two years? Three years total? You can get citizenship then. I got my PUT in a year, many people here got theirs in differing times, it seems to depend in part on who you get, but one year is pretty normal.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail ICQ Number  Reply with quote  
poetreebumblebee
swedish meatball
swedish meatball

You're supposed to belong to the taxoffice where you live, no matter how often you move. Changing it is no big deal, just do an adressandring, it costs like 100 kr. I suggest you do that, but it's up to you.

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 8:52 pm 
bluebottle
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

i only got here about a month ago.. so i think it's at least a year for the PUT for me.

i'm going to change my address with the tax people tomorrow and i think i'll try to get the SO to do it as well.

thanks guys
alison

Post Mon Jan 19, 2004 9:09 pm 
Klant
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

Do it over the internet - www.adressandring.se. It's cheaper...

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 6:57 am 
Shazzer
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

quote:
Originally posted by Rob:
In two years? Three years total? You can get citizenship then. I got my PUT in a year, many people here got theirs in differing times, it seems to depend in part on who you get, but one year is pretty normal.

Actually Rob, folks who are issued a UT as their initial permit usually have it extended (as another UT) at least once before they get a PUT. I think you were a lucky exception. So depending on how soon one manages to move to Sweden after the initial permit is issued...he or she can end up living here close to two years before getting a PUT. Then it's one additional year of residency to be eligible for citizenship.

As for Migrationsverket, based on my experience I somehow doubt that they will know, bother to check, or even care that bluebottle and sambo are registered at two different addresses. When my Swede and I were interviewed for my UT extension last year, they didn't even ask us for our actual address. They're only concern seemed to be that we were still living together...and we had to sign a paper affirming that we were. That was it.

Still, it sounds as though there are other good reasons to keep that kind of info updated and accurate...so if it doesn't cost anything to do it, I'd go ahead with it anyway.

http://shazzerspeak.blog-city.com

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 8:11 am 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
bluebottle
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

cheaper?

just for anyone who needs to know.. it's not cheaper to do the address change at www.adressandring.se than at the tax office, as it's completely free to do it at the tax office.

i had to go there anyway today to meet with someone about förening stuff, so i filled out the form and dropped it with them. they said it would be changed today.

xoalison

Post Tue Jan 20, 2004 3:01 pm 
poetreebumblebee
swedish meatball
swedish meatball

But just changing your address at the taxoffice means that companies, such as your bank, or insurance company don't get the info. Plus you don't get eftersandning...

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 6:25 pm 
bluebottle
riktig Svensson
riktig Svensson

good point. i don't have relationships with too many companies here yet so i didn't think of that- i changed my address with the bank online and that was about it.

xoalison

Post Wed Jan 21, 2004 7:17 pm 
This forum is locked: you cannot post, reply to, or edit topics. This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules:
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Page Generation: 0.11 Seconds