Joined: May 12, 2007
Do you mean ABF huset? Sveavagen 84?
I studied D level of SFI there and am currently enrolled in VUX grund class there.
In my opinion there are both pluses and negatives. Here they are...
1) all the teachers are trained to teach Swedish as a second language so they know their stuff. Several teachers have learned Swedish* themselves so they are great at seeing your mistakes and correcting them. (*the foreign teachers are perfect Swedish speakers in case you were worried)
2)Good building and resources. They have many new computers (laptops for the classrooms), resources and the teachers took us out to the library, to movies, etc. to extend our learning.
3) helpful administration. They listen to you when you are frustrated and will work to make the program better. (I didn't find this to be the case at Lernia.)
1) SFI is a new program for ABF so it is a bit disorganized. Our teachers changed several times during the 6 months I studied SFI and also in grund and it was frustrating for us.
2) We didn't get to keep our books. They charged us 125 kr to borrown them, but we couldn't write in them.
3) The course didn't have a structure that the teacher followed. It always appeared to me to be at the whims of the teacher.
Hope this helps! Feel free to PM me if you have more questions.