By Topic
 Offsite Links
 This Site:
 About Amerikanska
 Privacy Policy
 Contact Admin

Search

Amerikanska: Forums

Amerikanska -- View topic - Index Cards?

Forum FAQForum FAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages 

Amerikanska Forum Index -> Original Flavor

Index Cards?

Author    Thread Post new topic Reply to topic
Denise
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

Index Cards?

Anyone know where I can get 3x5 and (preferably) 4x6 index cards? I have looked at the local office supply and many other stores that carry limited office supplies and haven't seen anything like it, and the response I get when I ask about such things is, "well, cut some paper into four pieces." It just isn't the same. I found them on Amazon UK but for some reason they won't ship here, so any other ideas? Thanks!!

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 7:04 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
swede
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

I think you want "skrivkort" (like these? http://www.cenetshop.se/web/ePortal/ctrl?action=showiteminfo&itemNo=8434474)

I use them, and I like to shop at Svanströms (also have an online shop) and Nordins in Stockholm. Nordins is in a tunnel at Slussen, "Blå bodarna", and is one of the best and cheapest office supply stores in Stockholm in my opinion.

But they are not exactly 3x5 since we use the international paper size standards. The cards usually come in the sizes A6 (4,1x5,Cool and A7 (2,9x4,1).

There is a chart here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paper_size

I hope that helps. Or that you find a store that shippes to Sweden if you need the exact same sizes.

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:01 pm 
Beka
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

I could never find any in my area, either. I finally gave up and asked my mom to ship me some.

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:43 pm 
southerngal
stor stark
stor stark

Akademiebokhandeln has them.

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 8:54 pm 
FallnXAngel
stor stark
stor stark

I always found them at Bokia and the other book store listed. They are called rekord cards or something like that. Not sure. But just look where they keep the envelopes, memo pads and other office supplies. Smile good luck. And don't hesitate to ask someone who works there. They usually know what your talking about. At least the ones in Eskilstuna do.

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:11 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
Denise
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

That's exactly what I want! A6 was the size I was hoping for.

I spent about 2.5 hours trying, unsuccessfully, to find a company in the US or UK that would ship them to Sweden. Now that I know what to search for in Sweden, I discover there are many companies that have and will ship them, but it's like 150kr just for shipping, not including the 100 kr or so for the 2-3 packs I need! And other companies require a company/organisation name; it seems they don't ship to individuals.

250kr is just too much for three packs of 4x6 index cards, so I think I'll take Beka's route and ask my parents if they can ship me some. Might as well get a couple new cake pans I've been needing while I'm at it. Razz

Thanks so much guys! Talk about quick answers! Very Happy

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:12 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger  Reply with quote  
Denise
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

When you guys say you find them at Bokia and Akademibokhandeln, is that in the actual store or online butik? I have no such store in my area, and I can't seem to find them in the online butik. Am I just being an airhead?

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:15 pm 
FallnXAngel
stor stark
stor stark

In the store. Don't know about online

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 9:21 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address  Reply with quote  
sunshine_girl
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

Check ebay.co.uk

Post Mon Aug 03, 2009 10:08 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
southerngal
stor stark
stor stark

Try quill.se; they may have them on-line. I don't know about the online bookstores, since I've only bought them in an actual store.

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:35 am 
Pojken
stor stark
stor stark

May not be what you're looking for, but Åhlens sells these in their Muji section (if they have it). It's a Japanese notecard ring - great for studying, if that's what you plan on using them for. You just write the answer on one side, the question or topic on the other and you flip through it.

Likely not what you need because you seem to want something rather specific. Still, wanted to put it out there.

Tien

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 12:40 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  
swede
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

Oh, I love those!! I used to make my own study-cards all the time, but they didn't look that cute, those almost make me want to go to school again...

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:34 pm 
Denise
Amerikanska medborgare
Amerikanska medborgare

Those actually could work, Tien! Thanks! Only problem is that our Åhlens is closing and their assortment is extremely small these days. Maybe I'll get lucky! I actually need the cards for two purposes, one being my recipe box. That's what I would like the 4x6 cards for. My other project can be a little more flexible and those cards might just do the trick. Are they blank cards? Do they have lines?

Still scouring... Who knew index cards could create so much work...

Thanks all Very Happy

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:49 pm 
TimHarrison
swedish meatball
swedish meatball

I went to Akademibokhandeln in Borås today and found the index cards you are looking for. Size A6, 146 mm x 105 mm, package of 100 for 49 SEK.

If you want to, I could purchase them and send them to you, if you pay for the cost and postage, of course.

Or, my wife comes from a farm near Vetlanda and usually goes back once a month to visit her folks and siblings. Maybe the two of you could arrange for a meeting in Vetlanda?

Post Tue Aug 04, 2009 8:31 pm 
Pojken
stor stark
stor stark

They are blank, at least the ones from Åhlens. However, if you don't have a Muji as part of it, then you likely won't find them. Muji is the Japanese line.

Of course, you can always make your own. Very Happy

Tien

Post Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:43 pm 
 View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger  Reply with quote  

Jump to:  

Last Thread | Next Thread  >

Forum Rules: